Monday 17 October 2011

JAY-Z DECODES HIS BEYONCE LINE FROM 'LOST ONES'

Jay-Z is set to re-release his decoded book in paperback form on November 1st and we now have some commentary from Hov surrounding one of the deepest cuts from the 'Kingdom Come' album 'Lost Ones' check Jay explain the line:

"I don’t think it’s meant to be, be / But she loves her work more than she does me / And honestly, at twenty-three / I would probably love my work more than I did she / So we, ain’t we / It’s me, and her / ’Cause what she prefers over me, is work / And that’s, where we, differ / So I have to give her / Free, time, even if it hurts / So breathe, mami, it’s deserved / You’ve been put on this earth to be / All you can be, like the reserves/ And me? My timing in this army, it’s served / So I have to allow she, her, time to serve / The time’s now for her / In time she’ll mature / And maybe we, can be, we, again like we were / Finally, my time’s too short to share / And to ask her now, it ain’t fair / So yeah, she lost one"


I always wanted to know what Beyonce felt about Jay saying she 'lost One' Well Jay explains what he meant in this new decoded book.

"These lines are about trying to have a real, serious relationship with another ambitious professional. In a lot of ways, this is the flip side of the songs in my catalog like “Big Pimpin’,” where women exist almost completely as predators or objects. This is about how difficult it is to respect a lover as an autonomous human being, with separate needs and goals and timelines than yours. It’s one of the hardest things about a real relationship of equals. But it’s worth it.
 Sounds like Hov was showing growth on this track and showing his wifey how much she meant to him it also sounds like they had problems at that time and he just kept it real on the track, well fast forwarding to 2011 its good to see them married now and about to have their first child. 


 Source: NYMag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...