Saturday 17 December 2011

BRANDY "FRANK OCEAN AND I ALWAYS HAD THAT CHEMISTRY"


Brandy spoke with Billboard this week to talk about her forthcoming sixth studio album which she has now confirmed a tentative March 2012 release date. Brandy is setting herself up in the right direction for 2012 with confirmed roles on both 'The Game' and Tyler Perry's new movie 'The Marriage Counsellor'. But after the jump read what she has in store for her fans for her new album where she talks about assistance from our artist of 2011 none other than Frank Ocean who many may not know worked with Brandy on her 'Human' Album back in 2008 (1st & Love) way before his hype and collaborating with the likes of Beyonce, Kanye and Jay-z. Peep what she had to say after the jump with billboard.


On The New Album:
"What I'm truly excited about is how the album is all about R&B and figuring out the new sound of R&B, and that was the challenge for me. I wanted to do something different -- I didn't want to just sing about love over regular beats," says the 32-year-old singer. "I think the fans have been very patient with me, but I just wanted to make sure that this album was right -- the right type of music, the right core. I feel like we're getting to that point where I felt comfortable with putting something out."


On Working With Frank Ocean Again:
"We've always had that great chemistry, and we both understand music in the same ways," Brandy says of Ocean. "To work with him on this album was great as well, and I hope I can get in [the studio] with him some more because his music is just so moving; I'm inspired by him. I think he's a great artist and he hasn't even touched on what he will touch on in the future."


On Her New Role In 'The Game':
"[Chardonnay] has her goals and she's always rolling her nick and snapping her fingers, and I just love that," says Brandy, who is filming "The Game" in Atlanta and working on her album in the city concurrently. "I feel like she's an alter ego, because I can be very sassy in my normal life." 

On The Release Date Of Her New Album And Touring In 2012: 
 While the tentative release date for her next album may change ("We're aiming for March, but I don't know if March is going to be the actual time the album comes out," she says), Brandy says that, whenever the album is released, her first extended tour since 2009 will soon follow. "I haven't been on tour in God knows how long, so it's definitely time to revisit the stage and really look at the fans eye-to-eye. Nothing beats that," she says.

Source 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...