Friday 18 November 2011

LUDACRIS VS DRAKE VS BIG SEAN 'SUPA DUPA' FLOW


So Ludacris is feeling some type of a way about the so called 'Supa Dupa' Flow some say Big Sean created and made up. So did Big Sean actually make this flow up or was Luda known first to spit that 'Supda Dupa' Flow? Find out after the jump!





First of all lets talk about the track 'Supa Dupa' By Big Sean which i've been calling one of the most lyrical tracks of 2009.



"The story of my life, is to get glory off of mic’s - Quincy"

Supa Dupa was the stand out track from the 2009 'UKNOWBIGSEAN' Mixtape and instantly became the go to track to craft the Supda Dupa sound/flow for fellow rappers Drake and Nicki Minaj.



As far as I'm aware neither Drake nor Big Sean claimed to have made up the flow but instead both stated that the flow has become redundant and both clarified the fact that Drake wasn't the originator of the flow but Drake states he borrowed it from Sean and both used Ludacris as an example of how not to use it.

The problem is Luda took offensive to some of the comments made by Drake:

"Well, that flow has been killed by so many rappers. And, I never want to use that flow again in life. [Laughs] I wanted to take if off my album, because I was like, 'I shut 'em down. Onyx.' I hate the fact that that rhyme is still in there. To be honest, that flow, you can trace it back to like…I trace it back to Big Sean (artist on Kanye West's G.O.O.D. Music). That's the first guy I heard utilize that flow throughout the duration of a verse. I'll give him that credit. I think Kanye got it from him. Me and Wayne found a dope way to do it. I don't want to sound cocky, but the best way its been used was on 'Forever.' Those lines just all individually make so much sense. They're all punchlines. Then a bunch of rappers started doing it and using the most terrible references in the world. I don't want to offend somebody…I hate that rappers picked that flow up. I wish they had left that for people that know how to use it. [They go like] 'It's a parade! MACY'S!"

And from Big Sean:


"Don’t get it wrong I’m not trying to dis Ludacris or nothing, He’s a great MC. But even though that style got so overused, there was a lot of people who did it great and there was a lot of people who didn’t do it so great. People always ask me was you mad that people took that style from you. I’m like, ‘Nah, that went and shows me how far I can go as an artist.’ I feel like I changed hip-hop. I haven’t even dropped an album yet. So that goes to show me how powerful my mind is."
 
So Luda dropped a diss record 'Bada Boom' via his latest Mixtape this week '1.21 Gigawatts'  
 
 

Big Sean later drops by KUBE 93 Seattle and talks with DJ Supasam and Eddie Francis regarding the situation







As Luda stated on his Mixtape track 'History Lesson' This flow is nowhere near brand new but the fact that it has been redundant for the last few years you can only credit Big Sean for making it not only hot again but he also bodied it on the 'Supa Dupa' track. Luda is a Legend in this game but he don't need to be beefing with no Big Sean or Drake for that matter. But what i will say is the comments made by both Drake and Sean dissing Luda's use of the flow is something that would make any rapper respond. But Luda needs to leave this one alone otherwise people will start saying he's doing this just to create hype for his Mixtape which people are already saying and if that is the case then it's worked.



Say Somethin'



Sources: Nicole Bitchie SOHH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...